WindEurope publishes its European onshore wind energy statistics annually. It also publishes European offshore statistics half-yearly, statistics that are eagerly awaited by the industry and media. For global figures on onshore and offshore, WindEurope relies on its partner the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC).
WindEurope statistic publications are not available to order in hardcopy, but are freely available online.
- Financing and investment trends 2016 9/5/2017 - In 2016 wind was the largest destination for power sector investments in 2016. A total of €43bn were raised for the construction of new wind farms, refinancing operations, project acquisitions, and public market fundraising – up 22% from €35bn in 2015. New asset financing for wind power projects reached €27.6bn in 2016 with a record […]
- Wind in power: 2016 European statistics 9/2/2017 - Europe installed 12.5 GW of gross additional wind capacity in 2016. This was 3% less than the new installations in 2015. With a total installed capacity of 153.7 GW, wind energy now overtakes coal as the second largest form of power generation capacity in Europe. 2016 annual figures 12.5 GW of new wind power capacity […]
- Wind in power: 2015 European statistics 13/2/2016 - 12,800 MW of wind power capacity was installed and grid-connected in the EU during 2015, an increase of 6.3% on 2014 installations. There is now 142 GW of installed wind energy capacity in the EU: approximately 131 GW onshore and 11 GW offshore. Wind power installed more than any other form of power generation in […]
- Wind in power: 2014 European statistics 13/2/2015 - There is now 128.8 GW of installed wind energy capacity in the EU: approximately 120.6 GW onshore and just over 8 GW offshore. 11,791.4 MW of wind power capacity (worth between €13.1bn and €18.7bn) was installed in the EU-28 during 2014, a increase of 3.8% compared to 2013 installations. The EU power sector continues its […]
- Wind in power: 2013 European statistics 13/2/2014 - There are now 117.3 GW of installed wind energy capacity in the EU: 110.7 GW onshore and 6.6 GW offshore. 11,159 MW of wind power capacity (worth between €13 bn and €18 bn) was installed in the EU-28 during 2013, a decrease of 8% compared to 2012 installations. The EU power sector continues its move […]
- Wind in power: 2012 European statistics 13/2/2013 - The EU wind energy sector installed 11.6 gigawatts (GW) of capacity in 2012, bringing the total wind power capacity to 105.6 GW. Wind energy represented 26% of all new EU power capacity installed in 2012, and investments of between €12.8 billion and €17.2 billion. It is now meeting 7% of Europe’s electricity demand – up […]
- Wind in power: 2011 European statistics 13/2/2012 - In 2011, 9,616 MW of wind energy capacity was installed in the EU, making a total of 93,957 MW – enough to supply 6.3% of the EU’s electricity. Representing 21.4% of new power capacity, wind energy installations in 2011 were very similar to the previous year’s 9,648 MW. The wind industry has had an average […]
- Wind in power: 2010 European statistics 13/2/2011 - In 2010, offshore and eastern Europe were the new growth drivers for wind power in Europe. 9.3 gigawatt (GW) of new wind power capacity was installed in the EU during 2010, reaching a total of 84 GW by the end of 2010, according to figures released by the European Wind Energy Association (EWEA). While offshore […]
- Wind in power: 2009 European statistics 13/2/2010 - More new wind power capacity was installed in the EU in 2009 than any other electricity-generating technology. Of all new capacity installed in 2009, 39% was wind power, followed by gas (25%) and solar photovoltaics (17%). Europe decommissioned more coal, fuel oil and nuclear capacity than it installed in 2009. Taken together, renewable energy technologies […]