IEA TCP Wind Task 26: The changing economics of wind power in high renewables futures
When: 23 November, 14:00–17:00
Where: Meeting room 19, Level 1
Open to: All registered participants with additional registration at this link
Task 26 of IEA has facilitated extensive international research in the field of future wind energy costs levels as well as the factors that affect these. Members of Task 26 as well as guest speakers will present and discuss cutting-edge research and new insights into costs and values of offshore wind energy at this event.
Topics will include:
- Cutting wind energy costs in half by 2050 – results of an expert elicitation
- Expert perspectives on the wind plant of the future
- Market Value of Wind – perspectives from a European-wide analysis
- Value-based metrics to assess offshore wind cost
- The rise of competitive procurement in offshore wind energy
- Peek into the future: economic perspectives on floating wind, energy islands, new business models and financing concepts, new routes to market including Power-to-X
The workshop will be a combination of presentations and open discussion. The event is free to attend for registered participants. Physical participation will require an exhibition or an event pass to the WindEurope Electric City 2021.