Advisor – Power Markets & Grids
Advisor – Power Markets & Grids
Start: as soon as possible
WindEurope is the voice of the wind industry - actively promoting wind energy on behalf of its member organisations in Europe and worldwide. Our resources are focused on advocacy, communications, market intelligence and events to support the growth of our members.
We are seeking an Advisor – Power Markets & Grids to lead and develop our advocacy actions on electricity markets, grids, and electrification that are critical to the development of the European wind industry. The Advisor works in the Advocacy & Messaging team (Policy Division) and reports to the Head of Advocacy and Messaging.
- Develop, strengthen and broaden an extensive advocacy network across the EU institutions, national authorities, international organisations and other stakeholders;
- Represent the main WindEurope contact point on Market Design topics for the European Commission, European Parliament and Member States;
- Lead WindEurope’s work on the implementation of the Clean Energy Package provisions on Market Design in Member States and ensure the Association’s priorities on power markets and grids are reflected in the 2030 National Energy & Climate Plans;
- Coordinate WindEurope’s interactions with key stakeholders responsible for grid development (e.g. ENTSO-E, ACER and CEER);
- Lead WindEurope’s advocacy on the Connecting Europe Facility and Renewable Energy Projects of Common Interest (RES PCIs);
- Formulate the wind industry’s position and narrative on electrification in order to improve the political and legal environment for wind energy deployment within the EU;
- Coordinate the technical content and deliverables of WindEurope’s Electrification Working Group;
- Coordinate in-house activities on system integration and the future Market Design framework with WindEurope’s Business Intelligence team;
- Represent the industry in external events to promote and disseminate WindEurope’s messages and further develop the Association’s image;
- Draft policy position papers, briefings (for management and members), reports, presentations and general materials;
- Advise WindEurope members on relevant policy and industry developments at EU and international level;
- Participate and actively contribute to all WindEurope deliverables: events, business intelligence, EU-funded projects;
- Answer external stakeholder queries related to her/his area of expertise, policies, and other wind energy related topics or WindEurope work.
Experience: Approx. 5 years of experience in EU affairs, Energy Policy or Renewable Energy
Education: Master degree in Engineering, European policy, and/or Energy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong political acumen;
- Strong technical knowledge on electricity grids and the European energy system;
- Able to deliver in time-constrained situations;
- Can-do attitude;
- Ability to work as a team player as well as independently;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Computer literacy: MS Office, Outlook.
Language skills: English is mandatory. German (fluent written and verbal) is an asset.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Challenging, international and enthusiastic environment
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The deadline is 3 May 2019.