Thank you for watching WindTV!
The WindEurope Annual Conference, 1-4 December
With this year’s switch to the virtual sphere, we decided to put together a new platform for WindEnergy Hamburg. WindTV went live between 1-4 December, giving participants a completely new approach to learning and networking. As well as showcasing all the latest market and technological developments, we hosted key industry and government figures and other big names from the world of energy. And we kicked back at different points with quizzes and informal debates too. All in all, a different outlet, but as much content and insight as ever! All the content is now available to watch on-demand, including the WindEurope Annual Conference, so go check it out!
What is WindTV?
Sitting in front of your screen all day can be a drag. WindTV gave viewers the option of choosing the programmes they wanted to watch. If you didn’t make it to the event yourself, don’t worry – our WindTV content is still available for you to view throughout December!
We had top speakers: IEA chief Fatih Birol. EU Energy Commissioner Kadri Simson. Government Ministers from around Europe. Industry CEOs from wind and elsewhere, including BASF chief Martin Brudermüller. Key figures from finance including the Head of Energy at the European Investment Bank. Eurovision contest winner Ruslana. And Fridays for Future leaders.
We also had key experts from science and technology, and we showcased start-ups and innovation.
There were 4 live studios hosting the TV stream – in Brussels, Hamburg, Shoreham Port and Essen. And whole range of formats too – certainly not just another Zoom webinar!
Two separate streams running in parallel catered to different audiences
WindTV Premium Stream
WindTV Premium Stream hosted the main WindEurope Conference. It had all the panel discussions and most of the features and interviews with industry leaders and other speakers.
WindTV Open Stream
WindTV Open Stream hosted company presentations, special features on global wind markets and some other content including the Opening Session of the conference.
Some of the names that joined us on WindTV Premium
- BASF CEO Martin Brudermüller headlining Industry Leaders Talk on the future of hydrogen and decarbonising heavy industry.
- IEA Chief Fatih Birol who joined Giles Dickson on Morning News Live to unpack the latest World Energy Outlook.
- BNP Paribas’ Mark Lewis sharing insights on wind financing and economic recovery on Business News Live.
- Tennet CEO Manon van Beek and Polish Climate and Energy Minister Michal Kurtyka who challenged views on offshore wind as part of the Premium conference.
- Children challenging wind gurus, Wind industry rising stars, Pub quiz, Former Eurovision Song Contest winners…
- And more!
European Commissioner for Energy
Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Energy, Germany
Minister of Energy and Climate, Denmark
Climate and Energy Minister, Poland
Tinne van der Straeten
Minister of Energy, Belgium
Executive Director, IEA
Minister for Business, Energy and Clean Growth, United Kingdom
Manon Van Beek
Global Head of Sustainability research, BNP Paribas Asset Management
CEO, RWE Renewables
CEO, MHI Vestas
SVP Business Area Wind, Vattenfall
CEO, Scottish Power Renewables
CEO, Northern Europe RES
CEO, AKER Offshore Wind
President and CEO, Energienet
President and CEO, Hitachi ABB Power Grids
CEO, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
CEO, Bachmann Electronics / Chair, VDMA Wind Industry Working Group
CEO Onshore, GE Renewable Energy
CEO ZF Wind Power
Poland Managing Partner and Head of Dentons’ Energy group in Europe
CTO, Ocean Winds
CTO, GE Renewable Energy
Singer, Renewable Energy Ambassador
Join us on WindTV Premium
Some of the names that joined us on WindTV Premium:
- BASF CEO Martin Brudermüller headlines Industry Leaders Talk on the future of hydrogen and decarbonising heavy industry.
- IEA Chief Fatih Birol joins Giles Dickson on Morning News Live to unpack the latest World Energy Outlook.
- BNP Paribas’ Mark Lewis shares insights on wind financing and economic recovery on Business News Live.
- Tennet CEO Manon van Beek and Polish Climate and Energy Minister Michal Kurtyka confront views on offshore wind as part of the Premium conference.
- Children challenge wind gurus, Wind industry rising stars, Pub quiz, Former Eurovision Song Contest winners…
- And more!
The content from WindTV Premium and Open Streams is available for free*:
Non-Members: €499 Members and academics: €349 Students: €49 Free for Policymakers/Speakers/National Associations’ Staff
See the programme page for the full list of topics and sessions on offer!
*Note: Those who have paid for their tickets in advance will be fully reimbursed.
Meet our Event Ambassadors
Watch our Sneak Peek Video on Ingeteam’s new-generation wind power converters developed for High Power DFIG application. The new converter series offer cost-optimised products for each market and application.
Wind Energy and Economic Recovery
Wind energy is an important asset for the European economy. It has been resilient in the COVID-19 crisis and therefore it can play a significant role in a green economic recovery. But wind creates additional benefits beyond jobs and value to the economy. It directly benefits communities living near wind farms.
Exclusive Media Partners
These media companies bring you the latest news and insights from the wind industry. Click on their logos to get to know them better!