30 November 2013
Where’s the money coming from?
Financing offshore wind farms
The European offshore wind energy industry needs to attract between €90 billion and €123 billion by 2020 to meet its deployment target of 40 GW.
This report recommends the following actions
- Create a long-term stable and clear market and regulatory framework based in a 2030 binding renewable energy target at EU level
- Develop predictable grid connection regimes, with clear allocation of responsibility and de-risked cost recovery mechanisms
- Maintain so-called shallow grid connection charges as best practice for financing electricity infrastructure
- Provide liquidity and credit support
- Engage consumers in an open dialogue on the cost of energy