Who we are: WindEurope Board of Directors
As a non-profit association, WindEurope is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the members at the General Assembly.
Each Board position has a two-year term; as of 28 October 2016, there are 25 Board members.
The Board of Directors elects the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson of the Board.
The Chairperson is the CEO (or equivalent function) of a Leading Member of the Association and serves an 18-month term, renewable only after a minimum one-term break.
Board of Directors
The Board meets four times a year and is made up of representatives of each membership category.
- 1 representative of each Leading Member
- 4 representatives of C categories
- 3 representatives of A1 category
The Board members are appointed for a two-year period.
Chairman: Francesco Venturini, CEO, Enel Green Power S.p.A
Vice-chairman: Cliff Harris, General Manager, GE Renewable Energy EMEA
Leading Member category – one seat per Leading Member
- Acciona, Jose López-Tafall Bascuñana
- DONG Energy Wind Power, Ulrik Stridbaek
- EDF Energies Nouvelles, Nicolas Couderc
- EDP Renewables, Jorge Casillas
- Enel Green Power S.p.A, Simone Diodato Antonelli
- Envision Energy, Lei Zhang
- E.ON Climate & Renewables, Michael Lewis
- ERG Renew S.p.A, Francesco Gazzoletti
- ENERCON, Katrin Düning
- GE Renewable Energy EMEA, Cliff Harris
- Iberdrola Renovables Energia, Juan Rivier Abbad
- MHI Vestas Offshore Wind, Stewart Mullin
- Nordex, Tony Adam
- Renewable Energy Systems Ltd, Simon Bradley
- Sentient Science, Ward Thomas
- Senvion, Norbert Giese
- Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Juan Diego Diaz Vega
- Vattenfall Vindkraft AB, Tomas Björnsson
- Vestas Wind Systems A/S, Lisa Malmquist Ekstrand
C category – four seats
- ABB, Alfredo Parres
- Technical University of Denmark, DTU Wind Energy, Peter Hjuler Jensen
- Eneco Group, Ron Wit
- Innogy SE, Holger Gassner
A1 category – three seats
- Danish Wind Industry Association – DWIA, Jan Hylleberg
- Polish Wind Energy Association – PWEA, Wojciech Cetnarski
- VDMA Power Systems, Matthias Zelinger
Find out more about how the association operates in WindEurope’s statutes.