Finance and off-taker structures in a merchant world
When: Wednesday, 3 April 2019, 16:15 - 17:30
Where: Auditorium 1
Direct public support providing electricity price certainty and cash flow stability is rapidly fading away. In this context, financing structures developed so far need to be adapted. Various mitigation measures (fixed regulated offtake, utility PPAs, corporate PPAs, market trading, rolling PPAs etc.) are being put in place to manage the increased electricity market and counterparty risks. Each of these options will attract capital from different finance providers. This session will analyse how finance and off-take structures interlink.
- Market update (equity and debt in onshore);
- Finding stable revenues without public support and analysing today’s options to contract stable revenues;
- Which finance structure for different off-take options and how they are interlinked?
- How to mitigate market risk and make it bankable;
- What’s next – new solutions and trends.
Global Director Commercial Partnering and Development, GE Renewable Energy
Chief Renewable Energy Specialist, International Finance Corporation
EU Energy Lead, Google
Director, Portfolio and Transactions & UK Country Manager, Vattenfall
Managing Director, Allianz Capital Parnters
Senior Vice President, Green Investment Group Macquerie