Wind turbine and wind farm control
When: Wednesday, 3 April 2019, 10:45 - 12:00
Where: Luxua 1
The general trend in technology to more intelligent systems is also visible in Wind energy. Here, an important field is advanced wind turbine and wind farm control and the possibilities to act at both levels to improve the power production of the wind farm while extending the wind turbine life. The session will cover the next generation of smart wind turbines which collect and share information from standard and new sensors to improve online the operation and contribute to the grid regulation.
- How can we combine information from various wind turbines to improve yaw control and thus to increased energy capture of a wind farm without additional costs?
- How can we validate and optimize wind turbine and farm control based on wind tunnel experiments with scaled wind turbine models?
- How can we use smart, independent sensors (“Internet of Things”) to increase in the AEP and increase the lifetime of wind turbines?
- How can wind turbines participate in grid frequency regulation based on a new delta-control approach?
- How we can use data-driven optimization to control the speed of an hydraulic wind turbine?
Innovation Project Manager, Enel Green Power
Lifting your SCADA data to another level
Wind Analyst, 3E
Wind tunnel setup for experimental validation of wind turbine control concepts under tailor-made reproducible wind conditions
Postdoc, ForWind, University of Oldenburg
On wind turbine control for participation in grid frequency regulation
Control and Monitoring Researcher, IK4-Ikerlan
Optimising yaw control at wind farm level
Senior Principal Researcher, DNV GL
Use of IoT sensing devices to optimise wind farms operations