This year, the WindEurope Summit 2016 invites academics from outside the wind power sector to submit innovative papers for the WindEurope energy research prize. This happens separately to the WindEurope Summit’s call for abstracts, which closed in April.
We invite submissions that contain significant findings or a method on one of the three topics:
- Repowering/end of life issues
- Storage solutions
- Electrification of transport and heating
Papers should be submitted by 29 July 2016 to [email protected] with the subject line “WindEurope energy research prize submission”.
We suggest to divide submissions in five sections and should contain no more than 625 words:
- Main body of abstract
- Learning objectives
- Submissions should contain new work, not yet published.
- Submissions should not contain overtly promotional or commercial content, but rather strive to present data or results that can contribute to bringing the industry forward.
- Submission format: plain text format (no tables, graphs, charts or images)
- You should define abbreviations.
WindEurope will review the received material and nominate the best research in each category for an oral presentation on 27 or 28 September 2016 at the WindEurope Summit. The three winners will get all their expenses paid in addition to free participation at the WindEurope Summit 2016. This includes: travel (economy), accommodation (standard single room including breakfast), full registration to all 3 days of the Summit including lunches, access to all sessions and the exhibition, up to €1,000 allowance for sundries (e.g. dinners, taxis etc.).