When: 26 September 2018, 09:15 – 12:00
Where: Kopenhagen 1
Open to: All participants with an exhibition or conference passSee agenda
The workshop, jointly organised by WindEurope and the Bundesverband WindEnergie aims to:
- Raise awareness among energy sector stakeholders: Can wind power provide system services from a technical point of view? Is it possible from a market design point of view? Which services are best? How can services be remunerated?
- Share best practices across EU Member States on the procurement and remuneration of ancillary services
- Provide a dedicated discussion on the German policy context and current discussions on reactive power capabilities.
- Consider how market design will need to evolve to ensure system stability without depending on large synchronous generators
- Balancing from Wind power, Malte Jansen
- Challenges managing power systems with massive wind penetration, Peiro Pena
- Workshop on system services from wind power, Pierre Albert Langlois
- Overview on the German discussion fo the provision of reactive power, Brückl
- Regulatory view on reactive power provision from generators, Michael Schnoor
- Voltage Control in the Transmission Grid, Markus Imhof
- Wind power and ancillary services in Denmark, Søren Klinge
- Wind industry contribution to a future energy system, Eckard Quitmann
- Towards a new market paradigm, Hannele Holttinen
- New technologies and services to support a grid with 100% renewables, Dominique Darne
- Download all presentations (.rar)
The target audience are TSOs, wind industry, energy regulators, policy makers and academia.