Poster Session - Resource Assessment
When: Wednesday, 26 September 2018, 16:45 - 18:00
Where: Room: Bilbao
The session will range from pure long-term estimation of energy production to resource assessment with CFD to CFD on turbine level and finally to Lidar-Assisted wind turbine control. This session will give the opportunity to selected poster presenters to present orally their work. All delegates are invited to attend and interact with the presenters during interactive and dynamic Q&As.
- How can historical production indices be a reliable source for the long-term adjustment in energy production analysis?
- How can mesoscale-microscale coupling techniques be used for better Weather Research and Forecasting?
- How can a CFD Toolchain be automized and validated for site assessment applications?
- How can the Blade Element Momentum Theory for turbulent wind turbine simulations be validated in CFD and how valid is it?
- How can LiDAR-assisted control applications be certified?
Professor, Flensburg University of Applied Sciences
Production indices as long-term reference for energy production assessments in France
Wind Farm Senior Engineer, DNV GL
Wind Resource Assessment over Coastal Indian Site using Nested Mesoscale Large-Eddy-Simulations for Wind Energy Applications
Research Engineer, Meteodyn France
Towards a fully automatized CFD toolchain for site assessment applications
Research Associate, Fraunhofer IWES
Investigation of the validity of the Blade Element Momentum Theory for wind turbine simulations in Turbulent inflow by means of CFD
Head of Department, Fraunhofer IWES and ForWind – University of Oldenburg
IEA Wind Task 32: Best Practices for the Certification of Lidar-Assisted Control Applications