WindEurope welcomes all members of the press to the WindEurope Offshore 2019 event in Copenhagen.
Press registration is now open.
Press accreditation is granted to journalists looking to attend the event for journalistic and editorial purposes. Accreditation gives full access to both the conference and exhibition. Please note: all press accreditation applications are subject to approval.
Press accreditation for the WindEurope Offshore 2019 event offers:
- Full access to the conference & exhibition
- Press Room access (internet access/printer)
- Admission to press conferences
- Online conference proceedings
WindEurope can coordinate interviews with the Event Ambassadors – please contact Andrew Canning for more information
Tuesday 26 November
Exhibition tour with HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
The future of offshore wind in Poland
15:30-16:15, WindEurope Stand E-D21
- Małgosia Bartosik, Deputy CEO, WindEurope – moderator
- Monika Morawiecka, CEO of PGE Baltica (subsidiary of PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna talking about strategic partnership in offshore wind projects with Ørsted)
- Jarosław Dybowski, Executive Director for Energy, PKN Orlen
- Michał Michalski, CEO in Polenergia (partner of joint venture Polenergia/Equinor)
- Janusz Gajowiecki, President of Polish Wind Energy Association
Offshore wind will be one of the pillars of the Polish energy sector transition. The Polish Government plans to have over 10 GW of offshore wind capacity in the Baltic Sea by 2040. It is expected that the first energy from offshore wind will be delivered to the grid in 2025–2026. Building offshore in Poland from scratch will be a challenge. However, more and more players are noticing huge opportunities for this market and the great wind conditions in the Baltic Sea. Numerous contracts and deals have been signed in recent months, including both Polish and European offshore players. This press briefing will offer an outlook on the prospects for offshore in Poland.
Afterwards there will be an opportunity to discuss in detail Poland’s plans during a cocktail party organised by the Polish Wind Energy Association (16:15-18:15).
New offshore wind report by DNV GL – “Offshore wind: The power to progress”.
16:00, DNV GL stand C2-C22
Bilateral interview opportunities
Wednesday 27 November
Boat trip to visit offshore wind farm (with VIPs TBC)
Launch of Ørsted paper, ‘A European Green Deal: How offshore wind can help decarbonise Europe’
The paper will be available at Stand C2, stand B28
Thursday 28 November
New Wind Energy Report: presented by KPMG & Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
The socioeconomic impacts of wind energy in the context of the energy transition
12:00 – 14:00, Meeting room 6, level 1
Have a question?
Press & Communications Manager
For press inquiries contact [email protected].