H2020 ROMEO: Condition-based maintenance strategies in offshore wind for extended lifetime and cost-reduction
When: Wednesday, 6 April 2022, 9:00 - 9:45
Where: WindTalks Stage - Hall 1
This session will look at how condition-based maintenance strategies for WTG and offshore substructures, together with the use of new technologies such as digital twins and IoT platforms, can considerably reduce the O&M costs, especially in offshore wind farms. Furthermore, the results of their application in 3 emblematic windfarms - Wikinger, East Anglia ONE and Teeside - will be shared.
• Introduction to the ROMEO project.
Cesar Yanes, ROMEO project coordinator. Iberdrola Renovables.
• “The importance of both physics and data-driven models for improving maintenance strategies of offshore wind farms”
Sofia Koukoura. Scottish Power – Iberdrola.
• “Digital Twin technologies for offshore foundations”
Carolin Wendelborn. Ramboll.
• “Analytics Based Maintenance for Offshore Wind Turbines”
Moritz Gräfe. Uptime Engineering.
• “Optimising availability through time-domain numerical analysis”
Athanasios Kolios. Strathclyde University.
Technology Prospective – ROMEO project coordinator, Iberdro
Senior Asset Performance Analysis Engineer, ScottishPower Renewables
Consultant & Project Engineer, Rambøll
Professor in Risk and Asset Management, Director of Ocean Energy Unit, University of Strathclyde