- CEO, EDP Renewables
- Previously CEO at HC Energía, Chairman of Genesa and Member of the Board of Naturgas Energia and OMEL.
- 2006: Member of the Board of Directors of EDP – Energias de Portugal, S.A. (reelected in 2009).
- 2003-2005: EDP General Manager and Member of the Board of EDP Produção.
- 2002-2003: Member of the Board of Banco Português de Negócios.
- 1995-2002: General Manager of Financial Management, General Manager of Large Corporates and Institutional Businesses, General Manager of the Treasury, member of the Board of Directors of BCP Banco de Investimento and Vice-Chairman of BIG Bank Gdansk in Poland.
- Degree in Economics from Instituto Superior de Economia
- Post-graduate degree in European Economics from Universidade Católica Portuguesa
- Professional education course through the American Bankers Association (1982), the academic component of the Master’s degree program in Economics at the Faculty of Economics, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Advanced Management Program for Overseas Bankers at the Wharton School in Philadelphia