09:00 - 10:30 Loads and fatigue
Room: Hall G2
In this session, participants will hear about the latest developments in wind turbine loading and system behaviour. Presentations will cover a variety of topics - from modelling approaches to turbine control. The research work presented brings new approaches which will help the industry increase the reliability of turbines and reduce installation costs, especially offshore. Presented results will rely on real-world measurements and operational data.
You attended this session?
- Understand how to realise dynamic model validation;
- Get into an approach to describe wind-wave-correlation for simplified but still accurate loads simulation;
- Learn about the effect of tuned mass damper on offshore wind turbine (OWT) tower loads;
- Learn about load reduction by means of individual pitch control based on simulation results and measurements.
Carlos Gonzalez (1) F William Leithead (2) Han Yi (1) James Day (3)
(1) SgurrControl, Glasgow, United Kingdom (2) University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, United Kingdom (3) Romax Technology, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Presenter's biographyBiographies are supplied directly by presenters at WindEurope Summit 2016 and are published here unedited
Mr Gonzalez has been working in the wind industry for 10 years. He is currently a senior control engineer at SgurrControl. He holds a double Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering and in Control Engineering from the Polytechnic University of Madrid. His work has been focused on the design of controllers and advanced control solutions to mitigate loads in wind turbines.