Want to stay up to date with what’s happening in wind energy these days?
From recycling to finance, from the EU’s Climate Law to industrial strategy and more, our experts will set out the current state-of-play and answer your questions in real time.
This is your chance to get one-to-one insights from Europe’s leading wind energy experts.
Stay tuned for more upcoming Sofa Talks!
Bigger and heavier: how the offshore wind industry can respond
(Thu, 4 June, 15:00 CEST)
Sustainability and Offshore Analyst
Swire Blue Ocean
Business Manager Offshore Wind
Groningen Seaport NV
Anne Rothe Håkansson
Senior Transport Specialist
Transport Products & Services
LM Wind Power
Business Development Manager
Installation, O&M and decommissioning activities encompass a large part of the offshore supply chain. As turbines get larger and installations steadily increase, the supply chain needs to adapt their facilities and strategies to optimise their operations. Companies have to upgrade vessels, cranes and other equipment in order to handle bigger and heavier wind turbines. Installation and O&M operations could decrease the overall cost and time for offshore deployment.
Can the current supply chain support this trend? What factors of the supply chain may limit the growth of the offshore industry? Space, weight, transport, vessels, cranes, skills?
Join us on Thursday 4th of June at 3pm to discuss with industry experts how the offshore supply chain is preparing to handle larger volumes and bigger components, supporting the energy transition and the growth of the offshore industry.
Check out the complete programme below
Scaling-up floating wind to commercialisation
(Thu, 11 June, 15:00 CEST)
Global Wind Day Quiz
(Mon, 15 Jun, 17:00 CEST)
Digitalisation: How will wind farms look like in 2025
(Tue, 16 Jun, 15:00)
All the webinars are recorded and access is for WindEurope Members only
- The new EU Industrial Strategy (20 March)
- The new EU climate law (24 March)
- How wind can help deliver the EU Green Deal (27 March)
- How we’re recycling old wind turbines (2 April)
- Trends in the financing of wind farms (7 April)
- System Integration: Time to optimise the grid (9 April)
- How wind industry leaders are tackling the COVID-19 crisis (16 April)
- Floating offshore wind: innovations and cost-reduction trends (21 April)
- An electrifying future? (22 April)
- Building the future: The supply chain’s response to COVID-19 (30 April)
- Impacts of the crisis on energy supply and demand (5 May)
- Exploiting the potential of the Baltic Sea (7 May)
- How the Green Deal can help deliver 450 GW of offshore wind (15 May)
- Developing & managing wind assets in a market environment (26 May)
- End-of-Life Issues and Strategies Webinar (27 May)