Head of Advocacy & Messaging
Head of Advocacy & Messaging
Start: as soon as possible
WindEurope is the voice of the wind industry - actively promoting wind energy on behalf of its member organisations in Europe and worldwide. Our resources are focused on advocacy, communications, market intelligence and events to support the growth of our members.
We are seeking a Head of Advocacy & Messaging to lead on the development of advocacy and communication strategies that will shape European and national policies in line with WindEurope’s strategic objectives. The Head of Advocacy and Messaging manages a team of 6 advisors in the Policy Department and reports to the Chief Policy Officer.
- Develop and lead on the implementation of long term advocacy strategies engaging the EU institutions, national Governments, international organisations and relevant stakeholders;
- Develop and lead on the implementation of communication strategies delivering on WindEurope’s strategic priorities;
- Ensure WindEurope delivers a consistent and effective narrative via all its platforms including events, market intelligence reports, policy positions, press releases;
- Ensure the Advocacy and Messaging team delivers on the Work Programmes of relevant Working Groups, Tasks Forces and/or ad hoc networks;
- Advise WindEurope members on relevant policy and industry developments at national and EU level and support the Membership team in engaging new potential members;
- Represent the industry in external events and further develop the Association’s network and image;
- Contribute to the success of all WindEurope deliverables including industry events, market intelligence, EU-funded projects;
- Contribute to development of WindEurope’s strategy by shaping the industry’s narrative, framing key internal debates and helping develop the annual work programme;
- Manage and train the members of the Advocacy & Messaging Team to ensure the team delivers at its full potential;
- Follow WindEurope financial processes for effective management of the budget assigned to the Advocacy & Messaging Team.
Experience: Approx. 7-10 years of experience in EU affairs, Climate and Energy Policy or Renewable Energy
Education: Master degree in European policy and/or Energy
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong political acumen;
- Excellent knowledge of the inner workings of the EU institutions and decision-making processes;
- Excellent existing Brussels network, in particular within the EU institutions and within the energy sector;
- Strong understanding of EU and national Energy and Climate legislation;
- Knowledge of Research and Innovation, Competition, Trade and Industrial policies is an asset;
- Proven track record of team and budget management;
- Strong team spirit;
- Resilient to stress;
- Customer driven;
- Thrives in multicultural environment;
- Open to travel (10-20%);
- Computer literacy: MS Office
- Competitive remuneration package
- Challenging, international and enthusiastic environment
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The deadline is 26 February 2019.